Sunday, June 10, 2007

Red Lentil Soup




Ok, I'll have to edit the name of this soup once I have double checked it in my book, but essentially it is a really wholesome soup (almost with a chowdery texture) made out of my favourite lentil. It was so simple to cook and with the copious amounts of coriander I added (although the recipe only calls for 2 Tbs), it had an absolutely beautiful aroma as it was simmering away. Truth be told, the recipe called for celery and an onion (which I don't like and didn't have, respectively) but it was so yummy without. Definitely a recipe to try if you have this book!







I will definitely make this again before winter ends - there really is very little that fills me up and comforts like red lentils.


I also recently had a really lovely salad at our local botanical gardens that was flavoured with a wasabi vinegarette. It was so good that I decided to make my own version of it. Mine had green beans, baby spinach and rocket, roasted pumpkin, cherry tomatoes, and pine nuts and the vinegarette was essentially a normal vinegarette with some wasabi paste added until I was satisifed with the flavour:
The photo is pretty ordinary, but it makes me hungry for this salad just looking at it!
In the next couple of days, I'll post some pictures of a spicy blackbean soup from 'Wholefoods' as well as some cupcakes I made for a friend.

No comments: