Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Wholefoods

Its been an age since I've posted here, but I have recently gotten into my cooking groove again so decided I should document it here before I start getting lazy again! Hopefully I'll keep the laziness at bay for a while, and I think I've come up with an idea. I should credit the PPK forums for putting the idea into my head and I would link to the specific thread if I could find it, but I can't. Anyway, I was reading this thread an age ago about how there was a food blogger out there who set herself the task of making every recipe in a Nigella Lawson book, and the question was posed as to what vegan book would be a good one to set that same task for. An obvious choice was Vegan with a Vengeance and from memory Vegan Planet as well. While I have both of these books and they're awesome, I recently acquired 'Wholefoods: heal...nourish...delight' By Jude Blereau that has quite a lot of vegan (or easily to veganise) recipes. It also follows the wholefoods principle, which is what I usually aim to do when I'm eating.


So, I've decided to attempt to cook every recipe in the book that is vegan, as well as attempt to veganise some of the other dishes.

I've already made a couple of soups, and I'll post these over the next couple of days.

No comments: